April...it flew by! We had such a fun month...we spent a lot of days at home, but we also started venturing out more. We met up for playdates, went to grandparent's houses, went to the park, went to BBQ's, etc. I was nervous about how I would handle two, but Eva is seriously making it easy on me. She is such a good baby! She is still sleeping great...I am just getting up once and sometimes not even once. :) I can't believe it! I am so thankful. She is smiling more each day and is a ray of sunshine! And Cruz is loving being a big brother. He is always giving her "loves" and is the first to run to her if she cries. He always says, "Mom, Eva's not very happy". He is full of questions these days and would talk to me all.day.long if I let him. Sometimes I have to tell him that Mommy needs a break and needs some quiet. He has the hardest time understanding that! He is so curious and wants to know how everything works! We do have some tough days, but thankfully not all of them are tough. God gives us really good days sprinkled in there that give this Mommy encouragement and strength. I didn't realize how hard this job would be, but it is the best job ever. :)
 |
| Hanging out on the couch...he loves being close to her. |
 |
| My three favorites. Love them. |
 |
| Eva wearing some of my clothes that I had when I was a baby. I didn't realize it until later, but I put her hat on wrong! But she is still adorable in it. :) |
 |
| I bought this Easter craft kit at Michael's for like $4...and it provided hours of entertainment. He wanted to do his "Easter craft" everyday for several days. He loves his projects! |
 |
| Serious little girl |
 |
| Kicking those arms and legs! |
 |
| Cruz checking Eva out with a magnifying glass. |
 |
| Oh boy...guess what we just got! Chickens!! Yes, you heard right. Chickens. We decided after coming home from our trip to McCook that we should get some of our own. Cruz loves them and we think this will be a great way to teach him responsibility. We aren't ready for dogs and we do not like cats...and chickens give us eggs. :) So, we went out and bought some baby chicks! Tyler is building a chicken coop for the backyard. And yes, it's legal in Omaha. Urban Chickens...we'll see how this goes! Cruz is loving it so far! |
 |
| Cruz getting some water for the chickens. |
 |
| LOVE his facial expression. He isn't so sure! |
 |
| Big yawn! She is changing more each day! She is getting more interactive and follows my voice very closely. Oh, and her smiles. They melt me. |
 |
| She loves her bouncy seat. |
 |
| I was trying for a smile, but nope. I have such a hard time catching them on camera! |
 |
| Oh I love these moments. We were just cuddling on the couch during Cruz's nap one day. |
 |
| Burrito baby! She sleeps in this every night. These things are awesome. I'm not sure if this is what making her sleep so well or not, but I'm not going to stop! It's called the miracle blanket. Thanks to our friends, John and Misty, for telling us about it. :) It's different than other swaddle blankets because it has separate pieces that hold her arms down. I wasn't so sure about it at first but it doesn't seem to bother her! |
 |
| We went to my parent's house last week...Cruz loved playing on the trampoline! Look at that smile. |
 |
| Eva with her Grandpa. |
 |
| And her Grandma... |
 |
| There's a smile! Finally one caught on camera! |
 |
| Six weeks old. |
 |
| I'm thinking her eyes are going to be brown. Yay for brown-eyed babies. |
 |
| Daddy and Cruz are buddies. They play together all the time. I'm so thankful to have such an awesome spouse. He helps out with Cruz a ton. Oh how Cruz loves his daddy. He asks me everyday where Daddy is. |
 |
| Crashed out on the couch. She fell asleep on her own, chomping away on the pacifier. |
1 comment:
Carrie ... love all the photos!! We have got to come by, very soon!
Post a Comment