Monday, March 4, 2013

my little cowboy.

Tyler took this picture of Cruz just last week.  He decided that he was going to be a cowboy that day.  He picked out his whole outfit and wore his hat to school (and the gym later that day!).  

It's time for an update on my little man.
  • He is so curious about everything.  He wants to know exactly how things work.  You can just see the little wheels in his head churning when he's trying to figure something out.  The other day he was trying to figure something out and kept asking me questions.  He kept saying "I don't get it".  Then when I finally explained it well enough he said "OH, I get it now Mom.".  haha.  
  • He loves preschool.  It is so much fun for me to pick him up each time and see the excitement on his face as he shows me his projects and talks about his day.  It's been so good for him.  Tyler and I went to our first Parent Teacher Conferences the other day.  His teacher gave him all "M's"...which means "Always or Most of the time".  She said he does really well in the class, plays well with the kids, listens really good, and that she loves having him in her class.  She had all good things to say.  We were so happy to hear that.  We told Cruz that we were very proud of him!  On our way to the conferences Tyler asked Cruz if he listened at school, and Cruz said yes...and then proceeded to tell him that he doesn't always listen at home.  Love his honesty! :)
  • He adores his baby sister and hasn't shown much jealousy towards her.  He always wants her in the same room as him...and is always asking to play with her.  You can tell he wants her to interact with him so badly.  
  • The other day Cruz came out of the bathroom and said - "Mom, don't look!".  To which I replied "Oh dear, what did you do?".  He said "Nothing!...(pause)...well, the play-doh fell in the toilet.  But it's ok!  I took it out!".  I then asked him: "Did you flush the toilet after you went to the bathroom".  He said: "Yes! (pause) Oh, no, I didn't.  But it's ok!  I got it out and dried it off with the towel".  Oh Cruz. :)
  • He is always wanting to listen to music.  We have spotify accounts on our phones and he is always asking to listen to our country playlist.  His favorites are: "Cruise" (which he thinks was written for him), "Big Green Tractor", and now "Little Bitty".  He also loves   "One Thing Remains". 
  • He LOVES to talk, to anybody that will listen. :)  Sometimes I have to tell him that Mommy's ears need a rest because they're tired.  It kills him to wait...and is so excited when the rest is over!  
  • Cruz and Daddy have been having lots of wrestling matches before bed.  Lately they have been acting like different animals during these wrestling matches.  It is pretty hilarious to watch.  And listen to, I should add.  Most nights Cruz has to put on his wrestling mask we got for him while we were in Mexico. 
  • He is one of the world's slowest eaters.  This is probably my biggest challenge, and the thing that I need the most patience for as a mother.  We are constantly getting after him to eat faster.  He is such a social little guy and isn't too concerned about eating.  It's not really that he doesn't like what he's eating...he'd just rather talk, or get distracted with something else. :)  We have tried all sorts of tricks...timers, rewards, dessert, early bedtime, no snacks, etc.  They work sometimes, but it's still a challenge most nights.  Sigh.  It's a hard thing for this Mommy who struggles with control issues.  
  • When we talk about how much we love each other, he says, "I love you 100!".  
  • Nearly everyday he asks me where we're going or who's coming over. :)  We have to keep the social calendar pretty full for this guy. (Hmm, who does that remind me of??)
  • He is a total boy and loves playing with his cars and trains.  He went through a spell where he didn't play with his trains as much, and now he has to take Toby and Dart to bed with him every night. 
  • He sleeps on the floor by his bed everyday for naptime.  He started doing this awhile back and continues to do so every day!    
 Oh how I love my little 4 year old.  He is a total sweetheart and I love his imagination/creativity!  I thank God for my little talker.  :)  I'm looking forward to this year with him...we are going to have so much fun together!





No comments: