Thursday, March 26, 2009

2 month appointment.

cruz had his two month appointment on march 16th (he was a little over 9 weeks old). here are his stats:

weight: 12 pounds 11 ounces - 65th percentile
height: 23 3/4 inches - 70th percentile
head circumference: 41 1/2 - 78th percentile

i wasn't really surprised that he was over 12 pounds...he is getting heavy! he did so good for the doctor. he was so happy and chipper...until the nurse gave him his shots! it was so sad to see his happy face suddenly change when the needle poked him. poor little guy screamed for awhile, but it didn't last too long. he was smiling by the time we left the doctor's office. i got tears in my eyes when he got poked...it was harder than i thought it would be.

cruz is growing so fast. i can't believe he is already 11 weeks old. i look at him sometimes and just wish that he would stop growing so fast...but yet i love every new thing that he does. he has been so full of smiles and giggles the past couple of weeks. we don't even have to try for smiles anymore....he gives them freely. all i have to do is start talking to him and he breaks out in a huge smile. it's so adorable. the other day i went in to wake him up so that we could get ready for work, and he was just laying there, wide awake....and he broke out in a huge smile when he saw me. it melts my heart every time. he is starting to "talk" with us more too...he'll coo and giggle when you talk to him...like he's carrying on a conversation with you.

i'll put more pictures up soon! tyler took our camera to the basement that they just started and keeps forgetting to bring it home!

3 comments:

Mark and Cristy said...

Carrie, I think we were blogging at the same time. I just updated ours too! I love hearing every detail you share here. Cruz sounds absolutely adorable and I'm itching to see him again. I understand completely how you just want them to slow down and stay tiny longer, and yet all the new stages are so much fun. I love seeing you enjoying all the stages of motherhood. You're a great mom! Can't wait to see pictures. Miss you, Cristy

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Makes me miss him even more....I'm so anxious to see him again. Hopefully sooner than later.
Enjoy every single moment - I know you are!

Please give Cruz a kiss from Grandma and tell him I love him!

Sara said...

how precious. thanks for sharing. he is so special!