She measured my uterus and said it was right on track - 35 cm! I'm 35 weeks along today. We also listened to the heartbeat...at first it was in the lower 160's and then it went down to 149. It's been all over the place. Some appointments it's in the 120's. That makes it kind of difficult for those who are trying to guess the sex by the heartbeat. :)
I was talking to Wendy about how the top of my stomach always seems so hard. She felt it and said that the baby's butt was right up there. haha. That's weird that they can tell where the body parts are. I can't really tell. I just know that it sometimes feels as though my ribs are going to break!
In other news...we bought our crib and dresser last weekend! Yippee! I am so excited about the set. We found a set that we liked at Nebraska Furniture Mart but it was a little more than we wanted to spend. So we went to Mrs B's and found the exact same dresser for about half the cost! We were pretty excited about that and couldn't pass it up. The crib is set up in the nursery now along with the dresser. I'll put up pics later on when I have the room set up a little more.
We had our last baby class on Tuesday night. I am a little sad that it's over. We went five out of the six weeks. Those six weeks sure flew by! This Tuesday we learned how to give babies a bath. We all got a doll to practice on. :) Tyler learned how to swaddle a newborn too. We watched a video on car seat safety and protocols at the end.
2 comments:
Carrie, it was fun to chat on the phone about your doctor visit ... and then fun to read this, as well! I am thinking about you often these days ... just 5 more weeks!! I guess I am feeling the countdown along with you, as your mom. :-)
Sending love and prayers for you and Tyler ...
Mom
thanks for sharing, carrie! i'm getting so excited!
love,
amy
Post a Comment