Monday, September 8, 2008

20 weeks!

Here are our latest ultrasound pics! I had my 20 week ultrasound done on Friday. Tyler was with me and it was so special to see how much our little one had grown! The sonographer was great and checked out everything...she said everything looks great! I was so thankful that there were no red flags.

She had us close our eyes when she looked at the gender. Tyler had a little scare later on though. We were down in the lobby afterwards looking at the pictures and I had to use the restroom. While he was looking through the pictures he came to a picture of all the stats and stuff...he noticed one line where it said Gender: Female. He freaked out. He was so mad that they would actually give us something with the baby's gender on it. So he ran up the stairs and went back to the office (fuming!)....he was about to say something when he noticed that it was MY information that he was reading. :) Yes, I am a female. He felt kind of silly after that. He wasn't mad that he thought it said we were having a girl, he was just mad because he doesn't want to find out! He says that he really doesn't care what we have now. Neither do I!

I had my appointment with my Doctor today. My mom was able to come with me (thanks, Mom!). Dr. Collins again echoed what the sonographer had said - everything looks good. My uterus is now at 20 cm and we heard the heart beating quite loudly! It's always so awesome to hear the heartbeat. I love it. My mom and I went to Babies 'R Us afterwards and I registered for some things, which was quite fun. It was good to have Mom along as it is kind of overwhelming! Tyler and I went to Target yesterday and I think that was enough of the baby registering thing for him. :)









2 comments:

Mark and Cristy said...

Beautiful! We're so happy for you guys! Sorry Tyler had such a scare though. : )

Love, Cristy

Cherry Warrick said...

Carrie, thanks for sharing your day with me today! I loved every minute of it! And it was so awesome to hear the heartbeat ... so clear and so real. That was very special for me ...
Love you much,
Mom