Sunday, May 18, 2008

Work Day Swap




Yesterday we had a work day at our house.  Our good friends, the Sivadge family, came over to help!  We decided that we'd swap labor and help each other out with some yardwork.  Yesterday was our day.  So, the whole Sivadge family came over to help!  The kids removed the moon blocks in the backyard, picked up sticks, and helped me clean out the garden.  We found a couple gardner snakes in the garden that freaked all of us out a bit.  I think Jean and I scared them away by our screams.  



The adults removed the mulch in the front beds and then put down two truckloads of dirt!  Tyler wanted the beds to be a little higher than they were.  We still need to bring in some mulch, but you can already tell they will look a lot better.  It was a lot of work!  Steve, Jean, and I were all tired and sore by the end of the day, and Tyler was just fine.  He's so used to that kind of work.  I told him that he could do the rest of the chores yesterday since he felt so good! 

We're so thankful for the Sivadges.  They are some of our closest friends.  We've been hanging out pretty steadily since last August.  It seems that we get together at least two times a week.  

No comments: